Sunday 5 February 2012

St. Basil's Cathedral: The Making (Not Really)

So, I joined the ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) Fine Arts Festival. It's basically an art competition. I joined the crayon art and oil painting for art, and solo female and band for music. I drew St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow, Russia for the crayon art. And yes, I used Crayola crayons.

I just love Russia so much, okay. If you didn't know, I kind of grew up there. Yup, spent the first four years of my life there. No, I'm not fluent anymore, but I used to be, because I went to preschool there.

I crammed this whole thing in about three to five days, because my mom threatened me that if I didn't finish the artwork, I wouldn't be able to go to my friend's house. So, it took me three days to draw, redraw, and color a bit, and two days to finish off everything.


The most stressful part about it was drawing the details. I had to draw the whole thing twice, because it would be too hard to color the first one.


I'm just so glad I'm done! I'll post pictures of the oil painting soon.


take 1


erasing take 1
goodbye...
draft for take 2

rough sketch for take 2

























so close to being finished, yet so far


working on New Year's Eve



FINALLY FINISHED



No comments:

Post a Comment