Tuesday 19 March 2013

Love is...

Red Christmas Tree by Gretchen Kelly


Recently, I've been reading the book I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris, because my friend Jireh made me, haha. I'm glad she did, though, the book's really good. I'm not yet finished, but I've picked up so much from the book. I just want to share with you my favorite quotes from the book so far. A lot of people misunderstand what love is. I love how Joshua Harris describes it.



"I'm an unworthy sinner that God chose to rescue and forgive. This is love."


"The world takes us to a silver screen on which flickering images of passion and romance play, and as we watch, the world says, 'This is love.' God takes us to the foot of a tree on which a naked and bloodied man hangs and says, 'This is love.'"



I hope that we all understand that love isn't about us or our feelings. It's about His love and how He showed it. His love isn't butterflies in the stomach or floating in the air, it's sacrifice.

Unchanging, unfailing, everlasting, saving, unending, indescribable love.

Why replace that with emotions that pass as quickly as they come?


1 John 4:10

"This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God."


Yes, this is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment