Friday 4 January 2013

Never Forget To Say 'Thank You'

2013, huh? The years seem to pass by faster and faster as I get older and older. 2012 for me was short, quick, and jampacked with all kinds of events and happenings. Memory isn't always a reliable source, because we tend to forget a lot of things. 

I read somewhere that in life, a few big things and lots of little things happen. It's nice remembering the big things, but the little things are enough to make you smile and thank the One who gave them to you.

That's why I started making thank You lists. I started it in 2011, following my dad's example. All you need to do is get an empty notebook, (or even use the back of a notebook you're using now) and every time something happens which you're thankful for, jot it down. No matter how shallow you think it is, like a friend treating you to a cone of Mr. Softy's, if you're thankful for it, write it down!

It was heartwarming reading my 2012 Thank You list (5 back to back, A4 pages long!). A lot of the things I forgot happened were there, and I was reminded of all the good times and things He gave me. It also makes you feel more grateful and blessed seeing every good thing that happened during the past year. I hope you try it out. Reading that thank You list in 2014 will be a refreshing and beautiful experience during your quiet time.


"He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!' Then he said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.'”
Revelation 21:5


No comments:

Post a Comment