Saturday 12 January 2013

I've Been Waiting For A Miracle

The title of this blog is from a song called Miracle by Paramore. Part of the lyrics go:

I'm not going
'Cause I've been waiting for a miracle
And I'm not leaving
I won't let you, let you give up on a miracle
When it might save you

One of my favorite lyrics is from the bridge:

It's not faith if, if you use your eyes

So, how come this sudden talk of Miracle? That's because I experienced one tonight during the prayer meeting for the last day of Prayer & Fasting. I was able to experience Him as Jehovah Rapha, my Healer. And let me tell you, I honestly thought a miraculous healing would never, ever happen to me. Ha.

I got injured last month because my foot got caught on someone's bag strap, and I fell down the stairs. (Yes, clumsy me, but really, why leave your bag strap on the middle of the stairs ;__;) Anyway, I thought my foot would heal a bit quickly, because I assumed it was a sprain. It turned out to be worse, irritated tendon or something.

Basically, every time I touched that certain part of my foot, the pain would be AJSDHFIQWU and putting weight on it was JHOIWUERQYWOEIUAHDSFKJLSD. I was worried for the past two days because I'd forgotten to apply my medicine, and I was scared that my foot would take a longer time to heal. Until tonight.

Pastor Manny asked all the sick, from cancer to a cold, to lift up their hand. I lifted mine, and he asked those who weren't sick to lay their hands on the sick and pray for them. My small group leader, Ate Sarah, and small group mate, Rhema, walked over to me and laid their hands on me. They told me to sit down, while they knelt on the floor and put my left foot on their lap.

We all started to pray in tongues, and I felt this inexplainable feeling of great faith rising in my chest. Ate Sarah and Rhema prayed for my foot and that I would be abe to dance like never before after the healing, and Ate Sarah declared that I'd be healed tonight.

Right after that, a guy went up on stage and shared that he'd been having difficulty breathing but was healed after the prayer. That testimony greatly encouraged me, and I glanced at my foot and thought, "What if..."

I slowly rolled up my pants and touched the painful area of my foot, and suddenly it was... gone. There was no pain at all! It had completely vanished, as if I was never injured in the first place. I was so shocked and tried pressing harder. Nothing.

"It's gone! The pain's gone!" I exclaimed to the girls. "I'm healed!" Their mouths dropped, and Ate Sarah said, "Go, share!"

I was so excited that I didn't even feel nervous as I ran to the stage and took the microphone from Pastor Manny. (I didn't grab it, okay, he handed it to me.) I shared my testimony to the church, and everyone rejoiced with me. Two more people went up after that. One was healed from her cough, and one was healed from a knee operation that happened seven years ago.

A girl, whose name I found out was Bianca, told me after the prayer meeting that during the praying for the sick, she received a vision of a ballerina dancing with a strong ankle. I was just.... speechless. Just... wow.

Thank You, Jesus.


"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up."
James 5:15



Also,  low-quality Photobooth picture of my prayer journal.


No comments:

Post a Comment