Monday 7 November 2011

I can't believe I'm doing this...

 I have a prayer journal that I keep. In it, I write my prayers and letters to God. I tell Him everything that's going on, and I keep nothing from Him. I planned to keep this journal strictly for God's eyes only, but I decided to do something I've never done before. I decided to share one of my entries here, on this blog, with you. I promise you that this entry hasn't been modified or edited whatsoever, and is exactly the way I wrote it in my journal. 

Okay.

Here it goes.


                                                                                                                                                  10-8-11


"(God's grace) It teaches us to say 'No' to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope---the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ."
                                                                                                   Titus 2:12-13

Hey, God,

        Please help me. I live in a world that's full of disgusting, dark, & evil things. I live in a world full of broken, hurt & empty people. I live in a world full of lies & impure things. It's hard to stay pure in a world like this. Please guide me & teach me to be pure & say 'no' to worldly things. Music is a very big part of my life & is one of the things that can harm me. Give me the righteous initiative to get rid of any trash I'm listening to. I already deleted all of my All Time Low songs. God, help me also to stop thinking green. I improved compared to before, but I want everything unwholesome & impure out of my mind. I want to be filled with pure, holy, righteous, & pleasing things to You.

      I don't want these worldly things to get in the way of my calling & my relationship with You.

      I wanna get closer to You, God. Haven't been feeling close to You lately, for some reason. Help me fish out whatever's keeping us apart. I wanna fall in love with You all over again.

                                                                                                             Love You so much!

                                                                                                                        -Sofia


There you have it. One of my journal entries that I've never shared with anyone in my entire life, and I just posted it here on blogspot for the whole world to see. I might post another entry again sometime, but don't count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment