Saturday 12 November 2011

Art

One of the things I love the most in the world is...

Art!

I absolutely LOOOOVEEEE it! One of things I wanna be when I grow up is an artist. I love using all kinds of mediums such as acrylic, watercolor, oil, pastel, colored pencils, pen, pencil, and charcoal. 

I spend a huge chunk of my time on the Internet just searching for awesome artists and artworks. I find them on deviantart, blogspot, and other sources I just happen to stumble upon. Here are a few of my favorite artists and their works.


Leonid Afremov

He's a Jewish Belarusian painter who graduated from Vitebsk Art School in Vitebsk, Russia. He now lives in the States where he makes a living off of his paintings. Click here to view his works.

What I like about Leonid Afremov is that he uses a palette knife to make his oil paintings, and not a paintbrush. Also, he paints a lot of dancers and musicians. What I don't like about him is that some of his paintings look redundant, like he can't think of anything else to paint.
Calm Sunset


Time to Love
Bravo

Mike Stilkey

He's an American artist from California who likes painting on vintage paper, book pages, record covers, and on books themselves. His artworks look like something that just jumped off the pages of a fairy tale book. Click here to view his works.

I love how creative he his. Of course, it's kind of sad for all those books to be painted on, but the results are beautiful.






 




Phobs

I don't know if Phobs is her real name. I don't even know if Phobs is a girl or a guy, but something tells me that Phobs is a girl. I don't really know. It's just a feeling, but I'm pretty sure she's a girl. What I do know about Phobs, though, is that she's a 21 year old, Russian, history nerd who's also a really awesome artist. Her works are mostly history themed. Click here to view her works or visit her deviantart account. Oh, and she loves Thor.

Peter Basmanov


Pilot and his Wife











No comments:

Post a Comment