Sunday 7 August 2011

This Is War!

I've been wanting to get this off of my mind for some time now. This may seem straightforward and weird to you, but I'm just gonna come right out and say it.

Recently, a lot of my friends have been feeling down. It started with a a couple of people, but then it began to spread. Soon, almost everyone started becoming depressed, angry, stressed, and annoyed more often. I thought it was just something that would go away by itself eventually.

I thought wrong.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this is happening. Even my online friends are being negative and ranting about everything. Just the little things seem to affect them greatly.

I think something's going on. Something big. I know what it is. I can't believe I just remembered it now.

Spiritual warfare.

No wonder. You might think I'm just jumping to conclusions, but if you give it some more thought, you'll probably feel it, too.

All Satan does is steal, kill, and destroy. His main goal is to keep you from doing God's will and plan for your life. It's easy to give up when you're down, right?

Sometimes, I don't know what to do. All around me, the people I love are slowly falling and believing the enemy's lies. I'm torn between giving them space and waiting for them to return to normal, or talking to them and risk them getting mad at me.

But for now, all I can do is read my Bible and pray for them, but I know can't do it alone. I've been praying for everyone on my own, but it's not enough. I need more people to pray with. There's a strength in numbers, and even Moses couldn't lead the Israelites alone. He needed Aaron's help.

I wanna gather some of my classmates and just pray for each other. Don't ever think that praying doesn't do anything, because it does. It's the strongest tool you can ever use to stop Satan. That, and praising God.

Reading the Bible helps so much, I'm telling you. Don't just read, though. Proclaim it. Believe in it. Know that God's going to help you and get you through whatever trials you're facing. Satan attacks your mind with his lies. Don't let him. Fill your heart and mind with God's word, so that you won't fall for the devil's mind tricks.

Whenever I feel unsettled, I just read a few verses, pray, or listen to a worship song, and I instantly feel relieved. Everyday, a battle in my mind goes on, but I never let the lies of the enemy win, because I won't go down that easily.

Don't let Satan's lies stop you from fulfilling your purpose in life. Don't let him win.

Fight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment