Tuesday 2 August 2011

SUSPENDED

I woke up this morning and checked the time on my phone. The numbers 5:45 showed on the screen and I thought, "Crap, I'm late! No one woke me up!"

It was only when I was done getting read for school when my mom came into the room and said, "Anak, why are you dressed up? Classes are suspended."


There. Straight to the point. Classes are suspended today! This morning after reading my Bible, I just felt like writing songs. I wrote two songs today. The first one's currently untitled, and the lyrics go like this.

Verse
My soul finds rest in God alone
My salvation comes from Him

He alone is my salvation,
My rock, I'll never be shaken

Chorus
I will sing, sing of Your strength
In the morning I will sing of Your love
For You, You are my fortress
My refuge in troubled times

Forever I'll sing praises to You

 Verse
One word from You
Two things I know
You are strong and loving

We are all but a breath
Don't trust in worldly things
He is our everything

Bridge
Wonderful is everything You made
 I will sing of Your love for all eternity

Wonderful is everything You made
I will sing of your strength  for all eternity 

*Psalm 59:16-17; 62:1-2, 5-8, 10-12


Did you like it? Haha. The second one I wrote is called Untouched.

Verse
Hear my cry, O God
Listen to my prayer
From the ends of the earth I call to You
I call as my heart grows faint

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I
Be my refuge once again
A strong tower against the foe

Pre-chorus
I need to find a safe place to go
The shelter of Your wings 
Is the only comfort I know


Chorus
I'm in the midst of lions
I lie among ravenous beasts
Men who carry spears and arrows
Are all around me

But I know I'll be alright
Your hand is guiding me
A thousand may fall at my side
I'll remain untouched


Verse
All day long they press their attack
I'm pursued in the morning
Slandered in the evening

When I am afraid
I will trust in You
With You by my side
What can mortal man do to me?

*Psalm 56:1-4, 57:4,  61:1-4



That's all for now. Personally, I like Untouched better because it's more fun to sing, and the tempo's faster. If you guys have any suggestions for the title of the first one, please comment. :D

3 comments:

  1. Very very goo
    -rap

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha thanks, brother! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the songs sofia! :D and im finally back on blogspot :D

    ReplyDelete